Friday, August 29, 2014

A mirror for Amiya's third grade locker

Wow... School shopping has changed since I was a kid in the 70s/80s... We were in staples today trying the find the super specific items on the supply lists for both first and third grade.  I mean seriously... What in the world are Dixon Pencils, #2, Oriole Sharpened, Latex Free... We found lots of number 2 pencils but Amiya was not willing to get any that didn't say oriole sharpened!!! 

We ended up getting most of the stuff on the lists... And along the way checked out all the new accessorizing that you can do with a locker... I mean why not put a chandelier in your third grade locker???  There are shag rugs... Magnetic organizers... And mirrors ... All for your kids' locker.  I had to fight the urge to buy it all.  Instead of buying all that crap I picked up a simple unfinished wood framed mirror from michaels.  This afternoon I pulled out all of my washi tape... I have a giant collection... And amiya and I decorated the frame ... We glued on super strong magnets to the back and finally applied a layer of sealer to the front.  It's so cute and what girl doesn't want a locker mirror??!
From this ...

To this!



What else does my little Amiya need for her locker?

Xo

So

No comments:

Post a Comment